I became a lawyer because… a love for the law and dedication to service was ingrained in me by my father. There are few professions where there is so much opportunity to help others.
What I like most about the law is… the gratitude expressed by our clients when their cases are successfully concluded.
When you need an attorney, consider… the resources of the attorney or firm you are considering. Do they have the financial resources to take on big insurance companies? Do they have the necessary staff to take care of all the details? Do they have other attorneys in the firm who can assist with discussing and resolving issues as they arise? What kind of reputation does the firm have? Is this an attorney or a firm which is known to be devoted to a strict sense of ethics? What kind of experience does the firm have? How is the attorney or firm thought of by the public? Has the attorney or firm achieved leadership positions in the legal profession?
My most rewarding case was… a multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of a youngster who was brain damaged at birth due to the negligence of a physician and the hospital staff. He could not walk or talk. I’ll never forget that case. The parents testified that their goal for this young man was for him to one day be able to walk up to me and thank me himself for what I had done for him and his family.
I founded The Brad Hendricks Law Firm because… I believe that if the dominant themes of a law firm are the vigorous pursuit of the best interests of the clients, dedication to excellence, a strict sense of ethics, and the development of a great working atmosphere, success takes care of itself.
What makes The Brad Hendricks Law Firm different from other law firms? What makes our firm special is that we are the largest plaintiffs personal injury firm in Arkansas, yet we operate as a family. The respect between attorneys and staff is mutual. We are fortunate to work among a special group of people. Everyone works hard and everyone cares about our clients.
I was honored… to be voted Best Lawyer in Central Arkansas by the readers of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette Newspaper in 2000 and in 2001. It’s very humbling to be appreciated by the public. It has been an honor to be named in a number of polls of Arkansas attorneys as one of the best medical malpractice attorneys in Arkansas, and one of the best personal injury attorneys in Arkansas. It’s very gratifying to be recognized by your peers. It’s also an honor to have served the Arkansas Bar Association as Chairman of the Tort Law Section, and as President of the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association. It was an honor to receive the 2004-2005 Consumer’s Advocate Award from the Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association.
My friends describe me as… loyal.
My opponents describe me as… fair.
Someone I really admire is… Dr. Bernard Nathanson. He has the courage to stand up to his own profession when its members have been negligent. He has endured vicious attacks by defense lawyers and members of the medical profession because of his willingness to take the side of patients injured by medical negligence. He has courage.
My favorite quote is… “If you work for a man, for God’s sake work for him. If you must eternally criticize and condemn, resign your position and condemn to your heart’s content. Otherwise, the first strong wind which comes through will blow you away, and you may never know why.”
My favorite book is… Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.
My favorite sports team is… The Arkansas Razorbacks.
My favorite musical artist is… Bob Dylan.
What is your favorite word? Freedom.
What is a word you dislike? Can’t.
A sound or noise I love is… my daughter’s laughter.
My favorite trivia fact is… Shakespear’s line “kill all the lawyers” is misused. The line was uttered by a character who was an anarchist. He understood that lawyers hold together the fabric of society by resolving disputes in a civilized manner. In order to produce anarchy, “the first thing is to kill all the lawyers.”
Outside of my family, my most treasured belonging is… friendship.
My favorite daydream or fantasy is… living in a wilderness.
When not at work, I enjoy… spending time with my daughter, traveling, shooting pool, playing guitar, duck hunting, fishing, reading and boating.
My favorite movies are… Legends of the Fall, Cool Hand Luke, Saving Private Ryan, To Kill a Mockingbird.
My favorite lawyer joke is… Everyone loves to hate lawyers, except their own.
Areas of Practice:
- Obstetric and Pediatric Malpractice
- Professional Responsibility
- Premises Liability — Plaintiff
- Property Damage — Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death — Plaintiff
- Medical Products & Devices
- Motor Vehicle Defects
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Recreational Products
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Arkansas, 1980
- Texas, 1987
- Missouri, 1994
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1996
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, Little Rock, Arkansas, 1980
- Arizona State University, Tempe, 1977
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors: National Political Science Honor Society
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Arkansas Bar Association, 2009 – Present
Chairman, Professional Ethics Committee
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association, 2004 – 2005
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association
Member, Board of Governors
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association
Member, Committee to Protect the Constitution
- Arkansas Bar Association, Tort Law Section
- Arkansas Bar Association
Former Chair, Committee on Unauthorized Practice of Law
- American Association for Justice
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
Honors and Awards:
- Arkansas Money & Politics Legal Elite, 2020
- Mid-South SuperLawyer (Honors Top 5% of attorneys in Arkansas, Mississippi, and Tennessee), 2019
- Arkansas Bar Association’s Golden Gavel Award, 2019
- Arkansas Life magazine, Top Attorney, 2019
- Arkansas Trial Lawyer Association’s President’s Award, 2018
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyer, 2017
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyer, 2016
- Arkansas Bar Association’s Golden Gavel Award, 2016
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyer, 2015
- Arkansas Trial Lawyer Association’s President’s Award, 2014
- Arkansas Bar Association’s Golden Gavel Award, 2014
- National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyer, 2013
- Soirée Magazine, Best Personal Injury Lawyers, 2013
- Soirée Magazine, Best Personal Injury Lawyers, 2012
- Newsweek’s Nation’s 15 Leading Plaintiff Attorneys in Auto-Accident Law, 2012
- Newsweek’s Nation’s 20 Leading Plaintiff Attorneys in Medical Malpractice Law, 2012
- Newsweek’s Nation’s 25 Leading Plaintiff Attorneys in Personal Injury Law, 2012
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association’s Henry Woods Lifetime Achievement Award, 2011
- Rated “Superb” by Avvo, 2011
- Arkansas Bar Association’s Golden Gavel Award, 2009
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association’s Roxanne Wilson Advocacy Award, 2004
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association President, 2003-2004
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association President-Elect, 2002-2003
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association Vice President, 2001-2002
- Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association Secretary/Treasurer, 2000-2001
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Best Lawyer in Central Arkansas, 2001
- Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Best Lawyer in Central Arkansas, 2000
- Arkansas Times, Best Personal Injury Lawyer, 2000
- Arkansas Times, Best Medical Malpractice Lawyer, 1998
- Arkansas Department of Correction, Employee of the Year, 1981
Past Employment Positions:
- The Haskins Law Firm, Trial Counsel
- State of Arkansas, Dept. of Correction, Compliance Attorney/Assistant Warden
Our Arkansas accident injury attorneys also represent people who were injured at work in worker’s compensation claims. We have handled all types of cases from construction accidents to toxic injury claims. Our lawyers have a firm understanding of the Federal Employers Liability Act (FELA) and Water Law to help those workers injured in railroad accidents or on waterways such as rivers and lakes.