How an Elder Abuse Attorney Can Help
Nursing homes are too often run for profit only and NOT for the care of the residents. In many cases, they do not have the staff necessary to provide reasonable healthcare to seniors which means they hire employees that are not fit for the position.
Senior citizens deserve respect, good care, and kind treatment. When The Brad Hendricks Law Firm steps in, we:
- Gather all pertinent information, including staffing and medical records
- Conduct a thorough investigation into the living environment and all involved
- Enlist the help of experts to evaluate safety and staffing measures and where the nursing home may have fallen short
- Hire medical experts to support the evidence of abuse
Injuries and Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
Choosing to put a loved one in a nursing home is a very hard decision, so you want to ensure that they are treated with the respect and dignity that they deserve— but it can be heartbreaking to find out that just the opposite is true. Whether your loved one either verbalizes their mistreatment or you notice unexplained injuries, be on the lookout for these common types of neglect and abuse:
- Pressure sores
Staffing and training deficiencies often cause these injuries. There are probably other residents in the facility who are also being neglected or abused; in fact, there may be a continuing pattern of neglect at the facility. The facility’s history of violations of both federal and state law can show this pattern.
Nursing home abuse or neglect can be difficult to prove once suspicion arises. Our attorneys are well-versed in nursing home law and know exactly how to identify the patterns and symptoms of abuse in nursing home and assisted living environments.
See Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect FAQs
We Take On Elder Abuse Cases Involving…
- Physical assault – Involves any form of physical harm, which includes pushing, hitting, scratching, cutting, biting, and excessive use of restraints. This type of abuse is often the most easily identifiable with visible signs, therefore, it may be easier to prove in court.
- Sexual assault – Involves any sort of non-consensual sexual contact. They may be manipulated, coerced, tricked, or even forced into performing a sexual act without being able to give proper consent.
- Medical neglect – Involves failure in providing adequate attention for common medical concerns like cuts, bed sores, diabetes care, infections, mobility issues, etc.
- Improper medication – Involves any time a caregiver makes a mistake with medication which can lead to tragic results. This includes failing to give the correct medication or dosage. In some cases, careless nursing home employees may even fail to give medicine at all.
No Attorneys Fees Unless We Win
Many people do not have the money to hire a lawyer to protect their rights. We understand. Protecting your rights is important to us. That’s the reason our fee is paid at the end of the case out of a portion of the funds recovered. If we are unable to recover compensation for you, you do not owe us a fee. This is called a “contingency fee” arrangement and is common among attorneys who handle these cases.
Attorneys put up large sums of money on these complex cases in order to hire experts, take depositions, gather evidence, and oppose the lawyers of large insurance firms and corporations. The attorney you choose must be able to cover the expenses for such battles. Not only does The Brad Hendricks Law Firm have these resources, we have the experience, skill, and dedication to successfully resolve your case.
Contact A Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
As some of the most vulnerable individuals in our society, seniors deserve to be treated with kindness, dignity, and respect. However, the unfortunate reality is that many nursing homes conduct themselves as big businesses, which means they increase profits by cutting corners. This involves understaffing, hiring unqualified staff, turning a blind eye to unfit staff member behavior, and failing to incorporate appropriate safety equipment—all of which lead to continued patient neglect or abuse.
The Brad Hendricks Law Firm experienced in handling nursing home abuse cases and can help ensure the nursing home is held accountable for their neglect. We will work to obtain fair compensation for the suffering your loved one endured during their nursing home stay.