What is estate planning?

Your estate plan sets forth in writing your wishes concerning the administration of your estate upon your incapacity or death. For those with larger estates, tax planning is often required.

What assets are included in my estate?

Your estate includes life insurance, retirement accounts, your community property interest (if applicable), separate property, trust assets, and any other assets you own at the time of your death.

faqs & video resources

Case Evaluation

Contact Us

Our Little Rock, Arkansas, attorneys handle all types of personal injury claims including:

What is a will?

Every person who is eighteen years of age or older needs a last will and testament, so that they have the final say in the distribution of their property after their death, rather than leaving such vital decisions to the state. Your will is the basis of an estate plan and is often the most important document in your estate plan. It is the document that sets forth your wishes regarding the disposition of your property after your death, whether it be through a specific bequest, a testamentary trust, or otherwise. It is also an instrument in which you can nominate persons to take care of your minor children if you and your spouse or partner should die, to serve as the personal representative (executor) of your estate, and to serve as trustee of any trusts that might be created through your estate plan. Your will may be very simple and straightforward, or may require more complicated estate planning for tax purposes, depending on the size of your estate and the nature of your assets. Discussing your wishes regarding your property with an attorney is an important step in ensuring that your wishes are followed, while simultaneously protecting your heirs from unnecessary tax consequences.

If you have no will, you are considered to have died intestate, and your property will pass as mandated by the Arkansas probate code or the probate laws of the state in which you reside at the time of your death. The preferences that you might have given to your loved ones orally will not be considered. If you have young children, then the state may have more say in who will take care of them in the event you and your spouse have died.

The Financial Impact of Your Injuries

With serious car accident or motorcycle accident injuries, you may be looking at high hospital and doctor bills plus expenses related to property damage. You may also be entitled to additional compensation for future expenses and for the pain and suffering caused by the injury.

We have been in practice since 1990. In that time, we have built a network of expert investigators we can call on to thoroughly check the facts of your personal injury claims, including:

  • Visiting the accident site as soon as possible after the incident
  • Taking pictures
  • Interviewing witnesses

We also obtain medical records from your doctor, so that we understand the nature of your injuries and your prognosis. Our goal is to gain a thorough assessment of your injuries so we can seek the compensation you deserve.

Visit our Personal Injury FAQs for answers to frequently asked questions.

Contact an Arkansas Personal Injury Attorney

If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury, please contact The Brad Hendricks Law Firm to discuss your legal rights and just compensation with a qualified personal injury lawyer. Call us at (501) 214-0998 or toll-free at (870) 330-0475 for a free consultation.

Our Little Rock, Arkansas, personal injury lawyers understand that people do not plan for emergencies such as severe car wrecks or collisions with semitrucks. When we accept a personal injury case, we work on a contingency basis. That means that you do not pay any attorneys’ fees unless we obtain compensation for you for your injuries.

The Brad Hendricks Law Firm is located in Little Rock, Arkansas. Our lawyers are licensed to practice in Arkansas, Texas, and Missouri. We represent clients from Fayetteville to Jonesboro, West Memphis to Fort Smith, or Eureka Springs to Texarkana. We also associate with attorneys and law firms throughout the United States and may be able to provide legal services for personal injury and wrongful death cases in other states.