David Paul Rawls
Little Rock, Arkansas
800-603-5100 (Toll Free)
David Rawls is a poet, philosopher and musician as well as a fine lawyer. He has probably subjected everyone in the firm, at least once, to some line or lines from E.E. Cummings, Robert Frost or Poe. While an undergraduate, his true passion was philosophy and symbolic logic. Post graduation, he took additional courses in mathematics and psychological statistics, teaching a psychology statistics lab at UALR.
David’s musical gift never required study. He taught folk instruments in private lessons for ten years before attending law school, and taught a continuing education course at UALR in banjo, dulcimer and guitar and co-published a book of dulcimer tunes.
From early childhood, David always wanted to know “how does it work?” One of the earliest pictures of him at four years old is with his pedal car upside down, trying to figure out what made it “go.” His most valuable talent is getting a handle on how a given system works. The study of the system of law was a delight in which he did well enough to become a Law Journal Board Member (usually reserved to the top 10% of the class) and he now focuses on how the complex laws and regulations function in Social Security Disability.
David focuses his practice on the representation of Social Security claimants. His experience includes adjudication through the administrative levels of the appeals process as well as representing cases on appeal.
Areas of Practice:
- Personal Injury
- Arkansas, 1987
- Texas, 1989
- U.S. District Court, 1987
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1987
- University of Arkansas at Little Rock School of Law, Little Rock, Arkansas, 1987
- Law Journal: UALR Law Journal, Managing Editor, 1984 – 1988
- University of Central Arkansas, Conway, AR, USA, 1972
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Philosophy
- Major: Sociology
- Practice Limited to Social Security Claimants Representation
- Handling Social Security Cases in Arkansas, National Business Institute, February, 2000
Past Employment Positions:
- Haskins Law Firm, Attorney, 1985 – 1988
- Arkansas Court of Appeals, Law Clerk, 1988 – 1990